The Last Judgment
This stained glass window in 3 elements (triplet) provides a magnificent display of colours, illuminating the south arm of the Cathedral. The window dates from the 15th century and was restored in 1916. It depicts Christ the judge surrounded by the Virgin Mary and St John the Baptist. The vigour of the faces in the canopy makes it a very original and incredibly beautiful element.
Stained glass windows in Saint-Lô and Saint-Marcouf
These 2 stained glass windows, the oldest in the cathedral, date from the 13th century (1220). They represent the Saints in a very realistic and original way. Saint-Lô was the first bishop of Coutances in the 6th century.
The coloured triplet of the North Arm
This triplet represents the lives of St Thomas Becket, St Blaise and St George and 2 stained glass windows in the abstract style. They were built between 1235 and 1240. One is rather decorative and the other geometric, and these stand out in the decor.